Almost two-thirds of the world’s population wears eyeglasses or contact lens today. Given such a large number of people are eyeglass wearers; it is not surprising how much of a fashion accessory they have become. However, picking out your glasses is not always easy. With so many choices available, a few smart tips are necessary to help you pick out the right style to fit you.
1. Never shop alone. It is so much harder to see yourself through others eyes. You may love a style of frame so much that you do not realize that they do not really fit your style or your look. Take along a friend or two whose opinion you trust and who know your tastes and what looks good on you,
2. Make sure you wear your contacts, especially if you are virtually blind without your glasses on. You need to be able to see what you look like and see the frames clearly that you are trying on. Nothing is worse than believing you have a great pair of frames picked out, only to discover that they are exactly what you do not want, just because you could not see them clearly.
3. Go to where the large selection of frames is, not to the popular chains. Most chains only have a limited amount of frames on hand or in their selection. Take the time to look at a few different stores and check out their selection. Do not ever settle for a pair of frames just because nothing else in the store makes you happy, you can always go to another store.
4. Do not be shy once you are inside of a store. Go ahead and try on as many different pairs of frames as you like. It is the perfect opportunity to try on styles, designs, and colors that you normally avoid. You may end up surprised that the one style of glasses you normally hate looks fantastic on you because they are so different from your norm.
5. Embrace the new styles of today and do not be scared to go bold. Many times people try on a pair of frames that they absolutely love, but feel that they are too different or too funky for them. But after wearing them for a while, that feeling disappears and is replaced by a love of their new look. Colors are in; especially color that contrasts with your hair and eye color.
6. The most important tip is to know when to ignore the new trends. Just because everyone is wearing a certain frame style does not mean that they should. You have to consider the shape of your face, your skin coloring, and even how you wear your hear. All those things will factor in how good the frames look on you.
It can be overwhelming the first time you walk into an eyeglasses store and see shelf after shelf of frames. You may have no clue just where to begin. That is why it is important to have a friend along and try on as many different styles and colors as you like to see what fits you. Never buy on trend alone, always buy on what looks good on you, not everyone else.